Re: Urgent - 3.2 Press Release

Hi Karen,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
> On Wed, September 14, 2011 4:44 am, Allan Day wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The release notes seem to be progressing well, but no one seems to
>> have stepped forward to do the press release. This really needs taking
>> care of. (I'd do it but I'm totally swamped with other things at the
>> moment, unfortunately...)
>
> I can get started on pulling the structure together today but we should
> probably talk about a couple of things here first. Who would make good
> quotes for this press release? In the GNOME 3.0 release we had Jon McCann,
> Matt Zimmerman and Miguel de Icaza. I don't think we need three for this
> one necessarily, but it would be good to understand what kind of overall
> messaging we'd like to get across, other than that 3.2 is a bit better
> than 3.0.

The talking points [1] contain some notes on why the release is
significant other than just being better than 3.0. I'm sure Jon could
help to communicate that also.

> Can we directly connect any of the improvements to a response
> the criticism that we received?

Yes, see [2]. The release notes contain some material relating to this.

> I bet there are folks that are going to
> use 3.2 that haven't used 3.0 but do we know of any now?

Not that I know of...

Allan

[1] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/ThreePointTwo/TalkingPoints
[2] https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne/Features/FixAnnoyingThings