Re: Urgent - 3.2 Press Release

On Wed, September 14, 2011 4:44 am, Allan Day wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The release notes seem to be progressing well, but no one seems to
> have stepped forward to do the press release. This really needs taking
> care of. (I'd do it but I'm totally swamped with other things at the
> moment, unfortunately...)

I can get started on pulling the structure together today but we should
probably talk about a couple of things here first. Who would make good
quotes for this press release? In the GNOME 3.0 release we had Jon McCann,
Matt Zimmerman and Miguel de Icaza. I don't think we need three for this
one necessarily, but it would be good to understand what kind of overall
messaging we'd like to get across, other than that 3.2 is a bit better
than 3.0. Can we directly connect any of the improvements to a response
the criticism that we received? I bet there are folks that are going to
use 3.2 that haven't used 3.0 but do we know of any now?

karen