Re: Are there some community/marketing indicators defined?

El día 8 de septiembre de 2011 12:24, Luc Pionchon
<pionchon luc gmail com> escribió:
> Hello Félix,
>
> 2011/9/8 J. Félix Ontañón <fontanon emergya es>
>>
>> El día 8 de septiembre de 2011 10:22, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com>
>> escribió:
>> > Hi Félix,

>> That's because many communities have an activity roadmap based on
>> objectives and i'm just figuring out the best practices measuring the
>> success, for my own use.
>> The point is that neither the Ubuntu Community nor the Open Knowledge
>> Foundation, same for Gnome, seems to have it.
>

> It would be certainly interesting to have methods to measure success, and to
> clarify what "success" means for the community.

Of course, I think this is a starting point for a marketing plan: to
define goals clearly so the achievement of them would lead to
"success".
What i've found related with gnome-marketing goals are spread between
the key activities[1] and the target markets[2], being the key
activities something like goals and the target markets as the "place"
to apply the activities, result of the segmentation study[3],  in the
quest for the success,

[1] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/#Key_activities
[2] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/TargetMarkets

> Could you point us at a few communities that you feel most relevant?

The point is that I started with some big and consolidated communities
as GNOME, Ubuntu and OKFN and I found nothing.

> Would you be motivated to help developing such methods for GNOME?

Wow! it would be amazing. I'm not a real expert in market research but
i've some ideas about it and about digital strategy.
Do you really think it worths the effort?

> Also I feel it would be really great if you post again in this list to share
> your findings and when you have identified interesting and best practices!

Sure.

--
J. Félix Ontañón Carmona