Re: tasks for Google's code-in!

I like all the ideas so far.

We could ask for help on the 2011 annual report ...

We could ask someone to make a website that shows where all the GNOME talks are and have been with links to any videos or slides.

Stormy

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:00 AM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
> Hey marketing team,
>
> Hopefully you saw André Klapper's email to desktop-devel about the Google
> Code-in:
>
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-October/msg00175.html
>
> We only have a few days to add tasks, and at least 5 of them should be in
> the Community Outreach/marketing category.
>
> I think the program is a bit late to ask for help on our annual report,
> but I think there are a lot of other things we could use help with. For
> example:
>
> * we could ask for nice promotional videos be made about some aspects of
> GNOME 3.2 along the lines of Jason Clinton's excellent ones for the GNOME
> 3 release, or about other GNOME initiatives like a11y.
>
> * we could ask for help with GNOME Journal, including asking for specific
> articles to be written.
>
> * we can also ask a student to go through our whole website and identify
> out of date sections, broken links and other areas that can be improved or
> updated.
>
> We need easy, medium and hard tasks, so there's really a wide opportunity
> here. As others have pointed out, we should focus on tasks that will be
> cool and interesting to students and that will probably look good on a
> college application.
>
> What do you think? What tasks should we add?
> karen

A few more ideas:

 * Write a history of the GNOME project

 * Create a presentation to promote GNOME

 * Design a template for one page release notes [1]

Allan

[1] http://mairin.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/fedora-12-one-page-release-notes-pdf/
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org