Re: draft for Friends of GNOME campaign

On 11/28/11 14:25, Juanjo Marín wrote:
I think is worth to crossposting the following message from the marketing list to
the accessibility list to get some feedback from users about how useful the
accessibilty features of GNOME are in their lives and why it is important
for them to keep working on this.

As a random observer on the accessibility list, I would suggest that marketing
of accessibility not just be focused on "Making it possible for other people,
with some physical limitation you don't have, to use the computer", but
"Making it possible for everyone to get more use out of the computer."

When GNOME accessibility started a decade ago, you might have thought that the
projects they were working on - screen magnification, on-screen keyboard with
text prediction, speech recognition and screen reader technologies were just
for disabled users - now they're key parts of the mobile device experience for
all users, try to imagine a touch screen tablet without them, or just watch any
of Apple's Siri commercials.

And of course, large portions of the userbase that may have 20/20 vision
today are not going to have such excellent vision in their future, as our
eyesight deteriorates with age.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan coopersmith oracle com