draft for Friends of GNOME campaign

jjmarin and I are working on this text to promote the FoG campaign we hope
to launch next week. How can we improve it? Also, do you like "Make 2012
the year of accessibility for GNOME" as a short tagline?

karen

GNOME has held accessibility amongst its core values from the project's
inception. Because of this commitment, along with the efforts of many
dedicated developers, GNOME 2 became one of the most accessible free
desktop environments

With the advent of GNOME 3, we have started down an exciting new road in
terms of usability, a road we want to extend to everyone, including users
of all ages and abilities. The GNOME Accessibility team is working hard to
accomplish this; however, we have fewer resources than in the past and
many goals yet to achieve in order to make GNOME 3 compellingly
accessible.

With your help we can start tackling those goals. Let's kickstart 2012 as
the Year of Accessibility at GNOME and make the most usable desktop
environment the most accessible desktop environment!