Re: draft for Friends of GNOME campaign

Hi Karen,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Karen,
>

> On 11/28/2011 08:04 PM, Karen Sandler wrote:
>>
>> jjmarin and I are working on this text to promote the FoG campaign we hope
>> to launch next week. How can we improve it? Also, do you like "Make 2012
>> the year of accessibility for GNOME" as a short tagline?

I really like the tagline - referencing the year is good for a
specific campaign. You could add 'Help to', perhaps ('Help to make
2012 the year of accessibility for GNOME')...

> I hate to say it, but I'm not sure if Accessibility as an abstract concept
> will sell.
>
> Do we have some examples of GNOME users whose lives were made measurably
> better because of the a11y work we've done? Show-cases work wonders.
>
>> With your help we can start tackling those goals. Let's kickstart 2012 as
>> the Year of Accessibility at GNOME and make the most usable desktop
>> environment the most accessible desktop environment!
>
> Do we have any specific improvements (and the reasons why they're important
> - or the people for whom they're important) to point to?

When we met last we discussed having a short list of the tasks that
the funds will be directed towards. I still think that's a good idea.
It can be an indicative list. ;)

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org