Re: How to manage foundation navigation in gnome.org site

On 06/27/2011 06:45 PM, Yu Liansu wrote:

andreasn_ 2011年06月27日 23时47分15秒 wrote on irc:
so the two things I would like to see a good structure accomplish is: 1. Make all parts of the website feel less disconnected from each other, and 2. Clutter the main site with too much organizational structure about the project
and those two are hard to fix at the same time
We can integrate foundation site into the main navigation, e.g. in "About Us" add a new section.
Out of the three options I think integrating the foundation site into the main site under About Us is the best. The reason for this is that the Foundation is just an implementation detail of the project if you think about it. For the actual navigation, I think a sidebar could work a lot better than a subnav just beneath the main navigation, as we want to be careful with making the header part to tall. If I recall correctly there is already a page template on gnome.org for this.

For the actual menu, there is currently a lot of different items in the foundation navigation sidebar on http://foundation.gnome.org I think we can do some effort to reduce the number of pages there.

* About the foundation - this duplicates some of the info on the other pages and can to some extent be merged with the first page * Blog - this could be considered as of our news story that Allan mentioned in his last e-mail https://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2011-June/msg00044.html * Reports - not foundation specific, but actually more of a project-wide thing
* Membership - pretty ok
* Election - Wiki material?
* Legal - part of a bigger legal page perhaps?
* Finance - Wow, this is really outdated.
* Contact - merge into http://www.gnome.org/contact/ ?
* Press - we already link to that elsewhere
* Donate - same as above. We could actually promote that on the gnome.org frontpage. That gets a lot more views.

- Andreas