Re: GCI: Update Gnome Usergroup Info, Introduction

Hi, just an update. I've sent emails to Gnome Australia, Brazil, Chicago, Chile, China, and Deutschland so far, and am waiting for replies.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

Jason Lo wrote:
> It seems to fit more with contact addresses. You said to a previous
> student that there were others doing this task as well, and that I
> should coordinate my efforts with them to make sure we don't pester the
> same folks over and over again. Also, in your post on GCI, you said you
> would provide emails that I could send this to.

There is the gugmasters list:
you mail the list, you will not get a good response rate. Worth trying -
but if you don't get a good response rate, we can try & send an email to
each member individually. Perhaps I could do it on your behalf...

The other contacts are those in this wiki page. The list of lists you
point to is OK, but bear in mind that mailing a list is hit & miss at
best. You might get a better response rate by sending an email to the
"Contact" field, if it's set. The French one is definitely out of date,
though :) You should contact Vincent Untz instead.

There is also a GNOME developing world list: developing-world-list - I
don't really know who's on it.

You will need to be persistent, and make sure you keep us posted on what
groups you have information for, and which you don't, when information
starts coming in.

Thanks!
Dave.

--