Re: GCI: Update Gnome Usergroup Info, Introduction

Hi Jason,

Jason Lo wrote:
> Namely, what should the overall tone and content of this email be?

Informal and short. "Hi! I know you've been bothered a couple of times
with this already, but I'm helping update which GNOME user groups are
active and what you're up to, and I'd really appreciate a quick answer
from you, since you're listed as a contact for <GNOME user group name>.
Can you let me know if you're still involved with the GUG? If not, can
you let me know who is now the main contact for the GUG, please?"

> And also, should I mention that I am a GCI student, and should I even go as
> far as to mention the two previous students that tried to undertake this
> task, maybe in a sort of apologetic tone? Thanks.

I definitely think that a somewhat apologetic tone is appropriate. Also,
describing what GCI is, and the task as defined there, at the end of
your mail, might help smooth things over too. I suspect many GNOME User
Group people don't really know what GCI is.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary