Re: Marketing Help for GNOME 3

Hi Brian,

Brian Cameron wrote:
> So, I am curious to hear what people from the marketing team think
> about this and to help with prioritizing and planning.  If The GNOME
> Foundation were to hire someone to help with marketing, what do you
> think would be best way to focus their energies?  Or how do you think
> such help could best assist the GNOME Marketing team?  For example, do
> we need someone to help with putting together content, project
> management help, or something else?

I think it's a good thing. It's clear that there's a lot of good will
out there but perhaps people don't have time to organise things as we'd
like. Someone working on this for a few months would do wonders.

There are also lots of materials already (like Jason's videos) out there
that could be brought together to make a coherent whole.

In terms of new content, someone with experience copywriting (or with a
decent & well maintained blog, or a history writing conversational
documentation/articles) would be good.

What we need at this point is a doer, not a manager, IMHO.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary