Update and further action items on GNOME 3.0 launch parties

Dear marketing team,

We now have 55+ teams registered spreading over 28 countries at the time of this writing. There are still 2 weeks to register to benefit from the sponsored goodies. It is important to note that at this stage we have no party registered in Africa and only 1 in the USA. It would be appreciated if people with contacts in those places could ping friends or communities to let them know of the opportunity.

The work is however far from over and I'd like to share the current todo list with tasks we're working on, and some where we have no specific owners.

Tasks list:
1. Make a world map of GNOME parties where each registered team can select/edit their location on the map to guide potential visitors.
Task owner: Fred

2. Email currently registered teams to get delivery information, point to the map mentioned in item 1 and keep teams updated on progress. Draft email here: https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/LaunchParty/Registration please feel free to improve/comment.
Task owner: Pockey

3. Finalize goodies design.
Task owner: Andreas

4. Suppliers management (production and shipping).
Task owner: Emily

5. Local dispatch: in order to save courier fee, we are looking for volunteers in different regions to help to dispatch goodies packages and send them out in their region.
Task owners:
 - USA: Brian
 - Asia: Emily
 - Europe: we need someone, any takers?
- Other places such as Central and Latin American: what's the recommended local dispatch location?

6. Party marketing support: we need to make it easy for 'anyone' to host their parties and provide minimal information about GNOME 3.0. That would include providing teams with generic:
- Presentations
- Flyer/posters
- GNOME 3.0 release Countdown (for organizers to put on their websites / blogs). If we start the countdown X days before the launch we need X+2 images with the time left on it (2 are 'party today' and 'enjoy gnome 3.0 generic message'). Description on Ubuntu's countdown is available here for reference https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/MaverickCountdownBanner - Web banners - "We are attending / I am attending" a GNOME 3.0 Launch Party!
- Other ideas are welcome
Task owners: none so far.

7. Past the registration deadline to get goodies we should continue to activily market the parties (which is why web banners and good documentation will help). We'll just have to make it clear that no goodies will be shipped. At Software Freedom Day we have ~2/3 of our teams who register after the free goodies deadline FWIW. That means we could easily get around 150 teams at the rate we're going now. We should also anticipate a lot more traffic to the gnome/gnome3 website during that time.

Thanks and please let us know if you feel like helping out on some specific items.

Fred