Re: 2012 conferences...

I don't want to sidetrack the discussion, but I'm curious: Does GNOME
plan to have a presence at the Southern California Linux Expo SCALE
10X next month? SCALE is Jan. 20-22 at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport
hotel and the link is here: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org

Since you're talking about events, I'm just wondering if that's on your radar.

Thanks.

Larry Cafiero
Publicity co-chair / SCALE 10X

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Do we have GNOME 3 presentations available on the Wiki?  I looked on
>> the Presentations page, but the only GNOME 3 talk seems to be the one
>> Paul Cutler wrote before GNOME 3 was released.  I remember Vincent
>> having a really nice GNOME 3 talk but am not sure where it might be
>> archived.
>>

> I'm pretty sure that I uploaded mine, but it is only for 3.0.  That
> presentation only discusses the design and some of the features.  3.4 should
> probably focus on the design of the apps that are coming like Pages.  But
> also the development platform and how to write good apps in 3.4.
>
> That said, I think Stormy had a decent idea that we should probably only
> target tech conferences to talk about the development platform and
> participate in other venues to increase GNOME exposure to other group other
> than the tech and open source community.
>

>>  https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/MarketingMaterial/Presentations
>>
>> Sriram:
>>
>> What is your planned topic?  Are you planning to discuss GNOME 3.4
>> improvements specifically?  It might be nice to take a GNOME 3 talk
>> and update it to discuss the progression of GNOME through 3.2 and 3.4
>> and updating the screenshots to better highlight some newer features.
>>

> I would like to update the talk for sure for those who want to give it.  I'm
> not sure how many I will give this year, but I would like to talk more about
> the development platform instead of going over the design, which I think has
> had quite a bit of exposure in the tech world.
>
> I opened up this thread to make sure we are communicating what we intend to
> do with outreach for this year and set plans and goals.
>
> sri
>

>> Brian
>>

>> On 12/22/11 09:15 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
>>>
>>> I think we need to start scoping out conferences for the next year and
>>> figure out how we are going to talk about GNOME 3.4.
>>>
>>> There are a number of talks I'm thinking of presenting:
>>>
>>> 1) Open Source Bridge 2nd quarter 2012
>>> 2) Northwest Linuxfest 2nd quarte 2012