Re: GNOME Annual Report

On Mon, December 5, 2011 12:15 pm, Brian Cameron wrote:

> Many of the Hackfests in 2010 and 2011 (Docs, Help, GTK+, a11y,
> marketing, Usability, python bindings, GNOME.Asia GNOME 3 Launch
> Hackfest) were organized because they were needed as a part of the
> GNOME 3 development process.  These events targeted topics that needed
> particular work for GNOME 3 to be a success.
>
> We really want the Annual Report to highlight and showcase GNOME 3,
> so perhaps we could discuss the hackfests in the broader context of
> GNOME 3.  For example, we could discuss exciting GNOME 3 features
> in the Hackfest section that relates, and make it clear how the
> Hackfests helped to make GNOME 3 possible.
>
> Since the focus of the Annual Report should be GNOME 3, I wonder how
> the graphics of the report should make people excited about GNOME 3.
> Would it make sense for the pages of the report to look as if you
> were viewing it on the GNOME 3 desktop in evince.  Other programs
> could be in the background showing off cool GNOME 3 features, like
> eog showing off a photo of a hackfest, or a spreadsheet program
> showing a graph.  Just thinking out loud.

I love this idea - we can at the very least try to incorporate GNOME 3
design as a cohesive theme to the report to tie everything together if
it's not too gimicky.

And I think it's a good reminder that our content, while diverse enough to
reflect GNOME's activities, should be focused on our primary achievements
over the period!
karen