Re: Fwd: Tanath9 sent you a message: Comments disabled?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 05:10:08AM -0600, Stormy Peters wrote:
> I didn't set comments to disabled but I find I don't feel strongly one way
> or the other.
>
> Thoughts? If we want to turn them on, any one willing to help with
> moderating?

> What the hell is wrong with you? You're part of the open source community.
> Comments can provide valuable feedback, which I hoped to provide... only to
> find you disable comments for your videos. Disgraceful.

Based on above, suggest keeping it disabled.

More seriously:
1) comments are not meant to provide feedback
   I guess you'll get too many negative comments and censor accusations
2) this person does not abide by the Code of Conduct
3) we should ensure all our communication channels follow the Code of
Conduct
4) assume moderating for CoC is a lot of work

People should have the impression that GNOME is friendly and open. I do
not like rants, negativism, long useless discussions, etc. So moderation
has to be done multiple times/day. Once a week is not enough.

Though best to request feedback where the users are; IMO there are too
many people with too much time on their hands. Further, I doubt those
people reflect our users.
--
Regards,
Olav