Re: GNOME 3 DVDs

On Thursday, April 07, 2011 07:46:29 PM Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 19:32 +0200, Patrick Fey wrote:
> >
> > Bryen,
> >
> > Am 07.04.2011 19:22, schrieb Bryen M Yunashko:
> > > As I recall, the Ship-it Program sent individual CDs to requesters.
> > > That's not the same issue as what Diego is raising, where shipments
> > > in bulk get flagged by customs because they're seen as shipping
> > > commercial goods for resale.
> >
> > Canonical also sent out large batches of CDs on request. While I was
> > at Hamburg university, Canonical would send us large shipments of
> > 64bit CDs of their new release every October to hand out at our
> > o-week. I have no idea how Canonical got these through customs,
> > though.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > :-) Patrick

> > Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
> > Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>
> Okay so I stand corrected on the assumption of how the Ship-it Program
> worked.  :-)   But as openSUSE is donating the DVDs and has experience
> in shipping worldwide, I think it would be useful to first ask the donor
> how they did/do it and to work out some logistics like Jos suggested in
> this thread by splitting up locations where to ship to and reduce
> customs overhead there.

I got the following from our US shipment team:

The main statement is (No Commercial Value, Not For Resale). We put the
value of all CD's / DVD's at $0.50 each. We also put in a Harmonized Code
for all items. Also all items must have a Licensing Code.
For the openSUSE 11.4 dvd's we use TSU-5D002.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE,  aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}
    Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany