Re: GNOME 3 DVDs

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 19:32 +0200, Patrick Fey wrote:

> Bryen,
>
> Am 07.04.2011 19:22, schrieb Bryen M Yunashko:
> > As I recall, the Ship-it Program sent individual CDs to requesters.
> > That's not the same issue as what Diego is raising, where shipments in
> > bulk get flagged by customs because they're seen as shipping commercial
> > goods for resale.
>
> Canonical also sent out large batches of CDs on request. While I was at
> Hamburg university, Canonical would send us large shipments of 64bit CDs
> of their new release every October to hand out at our o-week. I have no
> idea how Canonical got these through customs, though.
>
> Cheers!
>
> :-) Patrick
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

Okay so I stand corrected on the assumption of how the Ship-it Program
worked.  :-)   But as openSUSE is donating the DVDs and has experience
in shipping worldwide, I think it would be useful to first ask the donor
how they did/do it and to work out some logistics like Jos suggested in
this thread by splitting up locations where to ship to and reduce
customs overhead there.

Bryen