Re: review request: GNOME marketing flyer for new users in less economically developed countries.

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Andreas Nilsson <nisses mail home se> wrote:
> That looks really great, excellent work!
> I would advice to export the icons as bitmaps and then add them to the
> document as such, that way you can be sure that they render correctly. Make
> sure to embed them rather than link them though. Another way is to try and
> use simpler icons.

I found out that the rendering problems come from a bug in evince /
poppler. The files render properly in acroread so I've decided to keep
them as SVG. I would like the highest quality I can get for printing.
The updated files are linked on the gnome marketing wiki but I'll list
them here too.

PDFs:

http://www.bagu.org/gnome/gnome-dev-world-brochure-with-fold-marks-v4.pdf
http://www.bagu.org/gnome/gnome-dev-world-brochure-v4.pdf

Inkscape SVGs:

http://www.bagu.org/gnome/gnome-dev-world-flyer-p1-with-fold-marks.svg
http://www.bagu.org/gnome/gnome-dev-world-flyer-p2-with-fold-marks.svg

The PDF with fold marks should be used if you're folding the brochure
by hand. The PDF without the fold marks should be used if you're using
a printer or folding machine to automatically fold the brochure. The
SVG files have the fold marks included but the marks should be removed
when generating PDFs for use with automatic folding machines.

Cheers, Ben