Re: Marketing hackfest next year

On 11/12/2010 04:14 AM, Brian Cameron wrote:

> Jason:
>
>> We need to have another marketing hackfest in preparation for the GNOME
>> 3.0 launch. This will be entirely work-oriented. The date ranges
>> available for this are the two weeks immediately following the UI
>> freeze: February 26th - March 13th.
>>
>> Please reply to this email with your availability: where can you travel
>> and what dates are you available?
>
> The GNOME.Asia community was been planning to host a hackfest that
> coincides with the GNOME 3.0 release.  The point of their hackfest was
> to get people together to work on tasks that need to get done in
> association with the launch.  Would it make sense to plan to do such
> marketing hackfest work at the GNOME.Asia 3.0 launch hackfest?
>
>   http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit
>
> Their current plans have been to have their event a bit later (early
> April), but it seems worth discussing with them.  I imagine they
> would consider moving their event earlier if that would better fit in
> with the needs of relevant groups such as the Marketing team.
>
> At any rate, some discussion with them to determine how marketing
> hackfest plans should be coordinated seems appropriate.  There may be
> opportunities to do some different marketing things at both events
> if we decide to keep them separate events, for example.
>
> Brian

Hi!

Having participated in the discussion during the Boston Summit and being
a member of GNOME.Asia it seemed the participants in Boston "needed"
both hackfests: one around the freeze period and one during the launch.

As you might all know by now we have a pre-event survey up since about 3
weeks and received very good feedbacks to help us prepare. We are
however definitely happy to collaborate with other events or share our
plans with anyone interested to do something for the launch period.

@Jason: please don't hesitate to get in touch with us either on or off
the list.

Thanks.

Fred