do 6 month traineeship at a company working on a certain project.
Outside the Google SOC program I've never really noticed (but I might
have missed it) trainees working on GNOME.

I thought it might be an idea to have a traineeships page at gnome.org
where companies can propose possible traineeships. With the trainees
we can get some love back that Bastien is missing [1]. Actually his
email triggered this one.

Has it ever been tried in the past to promote traineeships for GNOME
outside of the SOC scope?

Another related idea is to have a jobs page where companies can post
GNOME related job ads. We could even opt to ask some donation for
placing the ad ($100 ?). Or we could make it a perk for corporate
sponsors of GNOME. If they pay x a year they get the job ads for free.

What are your thoughts about this?

Regards,

Jaap

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2010-May/msg00039.html