Re: GNOME at which events

Hi,

Nathan Willis wrote:
> Swell -- do you recall who, offhand?  I've found some Blender folks
> blogging about SIGGRAPH since I started looking, but not anything
> GNOME-specific; I'd really be interested in hearing what their
> experiences were like.

For CSUN '10, Eitan Isaacson organised everything, IIRC.

For SIGGRAPH, Ton Roosendaal organised the "open source village", with a
prominent Blender presence, and GNOME was one of 4 projects to have a
demo position at the conference, with Inkscape, the GIMP, and a fourth I
don't remember right now.

I don't recall who from GNOME manned the stand, I think Brad Taylor was
there for part of it, but I'm not sure. I do recall that we got feedback
that wasn't very positive. I believe this was because we didn't organise
for someone to go and man the stand, we simply left the job to whatever
GNOME guy happened to be attending.

That would be my key recommendation, in fact: if we are ensuring a GNOME
presence at a conference, let's also co-ordinate people to attend -
paying expenses, organising & preparing demos, etc. Ad hoc is hit &
miss, at best.

Cheers,
Dave.
--