Re: Mobile Giving Marketing Plan Draft
- From: Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
- To: Bharat Kapoor <3 kapoor gmail com>
- Cc: marketing-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Mobile Giving Marketing Plan Draft
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:59:22 -0700
We don't have a finance person to take over.
I think it would help to suggest messages both for twitter, any banners, etc. People are often willing to help but if we just ask them to blog and twitter, it is unlikely anything will happen. But if we say twitter "[some catch message here]", that's more likely to happen.
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Bharat Kapoor <3 kapoor gmail com>
Sounds good. I am not a twitter/facebook expert
Reg. campaign ideas:
1. Can we get friends to send donation via this mode to start with
2. Put a banner on Gnome site
3. Is it possible to stick a banner, if someone uses Gnome :) - I know I am being lame here - but what the heck - its late at night and I can throw ideas hope something sticks.
4. Print a big banner and take it to events where we have booths: Something like:
"Helping Gnome is just one SMS away - SMS GNOME10 to donate 410 bucks"
My suggestion would be, whoever is in charge of Finance/Revenue generation to take over the strategy part of this initiative. I believe we can volunteer to do the work. Its important for the finance person to control the message we send out and at what times. Marketing team can definitely help.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
We should probably add some specifics, like ideas for text for twitter and banners, which event to target, etc.
] [Thread Prev