Re: Guadec and Dutch government plans for OSS and desktop

Hi,

I've gimped a littlebit with a picture of the outline of the DWR plans. Please bear in mind that although the document was in itself not intended to be private, this is my personal translation, quick & dirty, unofficial, and it might cause problems if it's published. For use only within Gnome!

I've send this message with attachment, but was blocked. So here's the link:
http://www.opensourceadvies.nl/DWRpicture.pdf
I've translated only the very cryptical stuff. The rest should be understandable. Suggestions from my part for the content of a possible press-release would be: -praise the dutch government for their consulation of the the community and involving them like this. Make it positive so the publicity is good for them too. As far as I know it's pretty unique, but I'm not sure. Anyone knows of similar public consultations? -point out possible dangers too, and things like the opportunity to focus more on usability issues like Brian suggested. -Express that we're looking forward to Guadec and might 'shape an opportunity' to meet government officials before or during the conference to discuss opportunities etc. if possible using words that emphasise that a possible session before the conference is an option with their 'involvement' (financially as well).

regards,
Sanne
ps. just some suggestions from the top of my head. As I said,I'm not particularly experienced in this area and the involvement from those who are would be great. ps. about the mailinglist: you probably know best which team could pick this up best.