Re: Introductions

Hello, my name is Brian Cameron and there is some information about me
here:

  http://live.gnome.org/BrianCameron

I have worked for Sun Microsystems (now becoming Oracle) for over 10
years, over 8 of those years on the GNOME project.  I am on the GNOME
Foundation board of directors and acting as the secretary.

I am really more of a developer than a marketing person, but I have
been involved with marketing-related discussions for the past few
years, and attended the last Marketing hackfest in Chicago.  Any board
member often deals with marketing topics and opportunities, and one of
the reasons I participate is because I think the GNOME marketing-list
is one of the more important GNOME forums for board members to be
involved with.

I also tend to work closely with the GNOME legal team, and I tend to
get involved with marketing issues that involve working with the legal
team.

For example, one marketing related task I am currently working on with
the legal team is to put together more comprehensive trademark
agreements so that GNOME is better prepared to license the GNOME brand
to organizations who want to sell GNOME branded merchandise.

Brian