Re: Issue 19 Planning

 Hi,

 This are the questions I've sended to Ahead regarding this Nero
Article. I don't expect to have them all answered, but it's a good
start.
 Like I said previously, this is not a product review.

------

  1. Can you share with us the story behind NeroLinux product?

  2. Nero uses GTK technology provided by GNOME. This decision was
supported due to licensing (as LGPL enables interaction is proprietary
licences) or was based on technological factors? What led Ahead to use
GNOME Technology?

  3. On http://www.nero.com we can find a huge banner advertising Nero
Linux. What opportunities is Ahead looking for within the Linux
universe?

  4. Could you unravel the mysteries behind NeroLinux Product Mix ?

  5. How would we position Nero in the Free Software universe ? And
regarding it's direct open source competitors?

  6. Nero for Windows got visibility not only by it's technology, but
also by establishing itself on the OEM markets. With the growth of Linux
pre-installed systems by OEM manufacturers could we expect to see a
similar strategy?

  7. Who is the main target for NeroLinux product?

  8. How would Ahead describe NeroLinux product life cycle?

  9. What is Ahead position towards "Proprietary Technology vs Open
Source Technology"? How could this benefit new comers to Linux?

10. Does Ahead want to share something with our readers? Please do so.

 nelson