Re: Disruptive Question | Merchandising

Hey Nelson,

El mar, 02-02-2010 a las 21:26 +0000, Nelson Marques escribió:

>  Establishing the "personality" of the brand is essential for all
> merchandise, in fact, for all projects GNOME related. I hope people
> don't take this as an "attack from bureaucrats", but getting this lines
> thought over now is nice and will help in future projects and to
> position our brand correctly.

Maybe you want to check this links, it's not directly brand personality
stuff but perhaps you can get some view of what was done before, as far
as I remember, we haven't updated these in a while, my memory is not
cooperating [sidenote: maybe we should have a timestamp in that
licensing page].:
        http://foundation.gnome.org/licensing/index.html
        http://live.gnome.org/Trademark

We actually don't have something set in sacred stone or bureaucratic,
don't worry we (as Project and as Foundation) are always open to new
ideas ;-).

>  I've got a couple of things to propose to this list, need just some
> time to make a paper presentation for them, so we can develop some
> concepts.

This is great, any suggestion is always welcomed. And it's awesome that
you decided to start contributing so quickly :-).

>  I'll be keeping people updated on what I'm doing, then submit the info
> to the list, discuss, work, re-work if needed, submit to whoever calls
> the shots and implement.

Cool!, also feel free to ask in the list for a small brainstorm session
or just a meeting to discuss some ideas you are drafting. There was a
meeting recently, but surely there's people available and interested to
sit down and chat for a while if you want.

Thanks for this and welcome!