Re: Disruptive Question | Merchandising

Nelson,

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 20:44 +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I was checking a lot of stuff going on, and I do have a simple question:
>
>  GNOME was born in an environment that has always been associated to a
> fictitious war against proprietary systems, yet, without being too much fanatic
> about this issues there is Gnome Merchandise being sold in proprietary platforms.

Which platforms are you seeing GNOME Merchandise being sold?  We
currently have an agreement with Hackerthreads.

>  Just following the ideology behind GPL, shouldn't we encourage people
> distributing goods gnome branded to do it in a Open Software platform and
> promote the same ideals we do?

Do you have any recommendations of a store that meets these
requirements?  When researching this subject last year I did not
personally see any.  We have plans to move to Zazzle in the near future,
which Mozilla uses as well.

>  Thanks, in advance,
>
>  Nelson

Paul