Re: GNOME Store

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 06:48 -0600, Stormy Peters wrote:

> I think we should wait until 100 or even 200. With 9 items, 27 sales
> just isn't enough.
>
> I think if we put a banner on gnome.org, we'd get there quickly. :)
>
> Stormy

I agree its too early yet to make a determination.  Plus, personally,
when i went to the Store, I wasn't all that crazy about the selections
especially with the price associated with it.   But these banners and
other forms of advertising the store should leverage some of the things
Zazzle is offering.  For example, right now they're having a 50% off
shipping for Mother's Day sale.  We should be promoting that and
spreading the word.

The one that I really liked and would have bought in an instant was the
Freedom Lover t-shirt.  But it apparently is only sold as a women's
shirt.

On another note, we should be spreading the word about the Amazon GNOME
store too.  I didn't realize until now that we had such a thing and I
feel a bit chagrined as I've spent hundreds at Amazon in the last few
months and it would have been nice to funnel a few of those dollars
towards GNOME.