Re: recruiting sponsors

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 22:09, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
>>
>> OTOH, I have wonder if it would be fair to our current Advisory Board
>> members to give other companies paying less the same marketing benefit,
>> can we consider that the seat in AB is worth -say- $4000 or should we
>> limit the marketing benefits of our possible smaller companies?
>
> You want to lower ad board fees?
>
> $10K is a ridiculously small amount of money for many of the companies
> funding the foundation. At this price level, we already have a small budget.
> We might want to consider *increasing* ad board fees, especially since I
> have the impression that this year we are giving good value for money in
> terms of networking and feedback & access.

Now there are 2 possible fees
5000$ if you have <=50 employees
10000$ if you have > 50 employees

You could think of a 1 or 2 more levels here. Because a company of 51
employees is quite different to 5000 employees.

So what about

1000$ < 10 employees
2500$ < 25 employees
5000$ < 100 employees
10000$ < 1000 employees
20000$ > 1000 employees

If the current sponsors agree to this (I think it's very important
that they agree) the income would go up significantly because GNOME
has quite some sponsors with more than a 1000 employees (HP, Google,
Intel, Motorola, Nokia, Novell, Redhat). Furthermore on the low end we
also introduce more options.

For the big companies to pay more we need to come up with a plan on
how to spend the money. A full time sysadmin helping to setup stuff
comes first to mind, but then there is quite some money left.

Jaap