Re: recruiting sponsors

Thanks for the feedback I've gotten for this off list.

An idea that's come up several times is financially compensating individuals and companies that bring additional companies to the GNOME community. While we want companies to come join the community and participate, regardless of whether or not they sponsor the Foundation financially, it might be worth rewarding people for bringing financial contributions.

What would people think of a 10% finders fee for individuals or companies that brought in sponsors?

Maybe there's some guidelines like must give at least $5,000.

Bringing in a sponsor would mean identifying a potential sponsor, approaching them, following up with them, bringing in other people to speak to them as appropriate (maybe they want to speak to another company or to a Gstreamer maintainer or ...), and "closing the deal".

Thoughts?

Stormy