Re: wgo pages

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler foresightlinux org> wrote:

One thing I might recommend is to break out Friends of GNOME and / or "Donate" from "Get Involved".  To me, Get Involved is about helping and writing code, docs or translations.  While the Friends of GNOME program could fit in here, do we want a more prominent position that includes Friends of GNOME, and some of the discussion about corporate partners (including different levels of donations for them and a page of their logos) similar to the discussion that's being discussed on the marketing list.

I agree. To me "Get involved" is how do I get involved in the project and should have everything from writing code to translating to helping out at conferences but should not be focused on donations.

I think (but certainly don't know) that people that have a project they want to have included in GNOME are likely to know lots of GNOME people and ask on IRC or something, not search on the website.

Stormy