Re: GNOME Video Contest (WAS: Re: New Project: GNOME YouTube Video Contest)

On 05/11/2009 11:51 AM, Paul Cutler wrote:
Is there any opportunity to film some video at GUADEC?

Glynn had the idea before, but didn't get the time to do it. Mirco did some at the GTK+ Hackfest in March 2008, but he's yet to edit those and publish them. So finding someone with more time to spend on it will definitely be useful.

But yes, it's a great idea.

While talking about video ads, YouTube's running this program:

  http://www.youtube.com/canneslions

behdad

I don't
necessarily know what we'd use it for (GNOME 3.0 launch?), but what if
we had a camcorder setup and invited people to stop by and answer 3
questions into the camera:

1.  What do you love about GNOME?

2. What does GNOME mean to you?

And something else, I don't know, I'm just brainstorming.  It just seems
like a unique opportunity to at least get some footage, and we can
figure out what to do with it later.  (Make individual videos?  One big
one?)

Paul

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org