Re: press release ideas

Hi,

Dave learns a lesson: don't top-post, read the entire email.

Patrick Fey wrote:
while it would be ideal to be notified by the various groups beforehand,
it will not always happen, because people tend to forget these things. A
more proactive approach would be for the marketing team to monitor the
schedules of the two GNOME Event Boxes. The organizers could then be
contacted beforehand.

As I said, htis assumes the organisers request the event box.

In general, we really should be encouranging the various user groups to
give advance notice of GNOME participation in events so that we can tell
people about it, and ensure institutional support (centrally printed
posters, merchandise for sale, Friends of GNOME sign-up brochures, etc)
where possible & desirable.

Why not send out these brochures to Openismus and whoever maintains the
American event box right away? If Murray places the brochures inside the
box, they will be used for sure and we do not need to ping everyone in
advance. That would cover most of the bigger events automatically.

Same again. (the US event box is managed by Zana and the GNOME Foundation, or at least it was until it was stolen this year). If a group doesn't request the box, we might be able to send them some stuff anyway. And if you're doing a big conference, the number of leaflets you can fit in the box (~20 or 30) is not going to do it. And posters can't go in the box. And goodies for sale, if we have any. etc.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary