Re: press release ideas

Hi,

Stormy Peters wrote:
We should do press releases on things like this:

http://blogs.gnome.org/mr/2009/06/19/lanedo-sponsors-gnome-at-linuxtag/

Any idea how best to find out about them before hand?

In this particular case, it'd be nice if someone from GNOME Deutschland let the gugmasters mailing list know they were going to have an event presence at LinuxTag, and if someone from Lanedo told us that they were sponsoring the stand (note, for LinuxTag, sponsoring the stand means, I believe, paying for printing and supplying hardware, mostly - and several Lanedo people man the stand most of the time).

In general, we really should be encouranging the various user groups to give advance notice of GNOME participation in events so that we can tell people about it, and ensure institutional support (centrally printed posters, merchandise for sale, Friends of GNOME sign-up brochures, etc) where possible & desirable.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary