Re: Friends of GNOME data

Hi Stormy,

Great news!!! I downloaded the spreadsheet and had a look at it.
Couple of comments/remarks

1) In May we received $7,341 and not $6,883. So even better

In the DSUM and DCOUNT formulas your database was not set large enough.
Furthermore column H "Average donation without subscriber" was not
calculated correctly, because you kept the revenue of the subscribers
in.

I took the spreadsheet and reworked it a bit
* Gave it some colors
* Gave it freeze panes
* Reworked the DCOUNT and DSUM formulas a bit such that they refer to
fixed cells. This makes is less prone to copy paste mistakes
* Finalized the DCOUNT and DSUM formulas for the rest of 2009. 2010
should be pretty simple to do now because you can copy paste 2009 and
make a few small changes with find and replace
* Added a couple of more columns

You can download my version from:
http://ftp.haitsma.org/GNOME-Donations.ods

2) We can pay less at paypal

Paypal is giving a lower rate to 501 (c)3 non profits. They charge
2.2% + 0.30$ per transaction for these organisations
See:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/merchant/PayPalNonProfits-outside#pricing

We seem to pay more. See http://ftp.haitsma.org/GNOME-Donations-Paypal.ods
I've added column M which calculates the cost of 2.2% + 0.30$. You see
that over the years we could have saved almost 600$.
So probably good to ask paypal to get 501 (c) 3 rate

3) How come that in February the number of Monthly donors went down
from 51 to 10? Seems really weird. Did many people decide they did not
want to be a monthly donor?

4) The gnome foundation blog should in my opinion have a "Support GNOME" badge