Re: Friends of Eclipse

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:52 AM, sankarshan <foss mailinglists gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:

> We could definitely do a student supporter. The Linux Foundation does this
> and recently added a Christmas option for them.

This is nice to know. Thank you.

Are you proposing one?

Another aspect that struck me was
that the Friends aspect is somewhat messaged towards an individual.
"Friends" can logically also help in community building by allowing
local GNOME UGs or, groups to band together and raise funds. Is there
a chance to send out that message ?

Just propose how ...  I don't think we can send much email to our contributors but we can definitely put out the message in other ways like webpages, Planet GNOME, GNOME Journal, Foundation list, etc.

Stormy