Re: CRM setup: need your review

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Jeff Schroeder <jeffschroed gmail com>
> wrote:
>>
>> What times are we looking at and what communication method? IRC?
>
> Phone and "web". (I don't know what he meant by web.)
>
> I'm free all morning. Dave is in PT.

I'll be available for phone / web anytime after 3 Pacific and perhaps
limited web prior to then.

>> This seems an awful lot like this duplicates data in mango. Which one
>> will be authoritative? The "is foundation member" bit in mango is
>> normally, but not always correct.
>
> What is mango and what do we use it for? What all is in it?
>
> Stormy

http://live.gnome.org/Mango

Mango is a complex beast *cough* infrastructure built up ontop of ldap
and mysql. It handles all gnome account info, server access, who has
@gnome.org emails, etc.

The attached screenshot of my own mango user page might give you an
idea of what it does. Based on the flags set by the mango webui,
scripts run on each server to update ssh keys, email addresses, and
access control for various things.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com