Re: CRM setup: need your review

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
> Dave Greenberg from the CiviCRM Team is going to help us get set up. He can
> meet with us this Friday morning or next Wed or Thurs to talk to us about
> the roles and processes we need to model, and then discuss approaches.
>
> Is anyone interested in helping me out with this? I'd appreciate some more
> technical (or familiar with databases or drupal?) support on our side.

What times are we looking at and what communication method? IRC?

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Stormy
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
>>
>> Now that we have CiviCRM installed on gnome.org (yeah! thanks, Jeff!), we
>> need to set it up for our use cases.
>>
>> I created a document with some of the work flows and data structures I
>> think we need[1].
>>
>> Please REVIEW THE DOCUMENT and see if there are any other use cases that
>> should be added. (If you have experience setting up data like this, let me
>> know. Otherwise I'm going to ask the CiviCRM folks for help.)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Stormy
>>
>> [1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/CRM/CRMsetup

... snip ...

>> Data Fields and Types
>>
>> People
>>
>> name
>> email address
>> address
>> GNOME Foundation member yes/no
>> date joined
>> date expiring
>> who vouched for them
>> gnome.org email address (generated? If so what is it?)
>> Git account (need to create? If done, what is it?)
>> team(s) they are on (marketing, release, board, documentation, advisory
>> board member, employee…)
>> Company (important for advisory board members but interesting for others)
>> name of company
>> role in company

This seems an awful lot like this duplicates data in mango. Which one
will be authoritative? The "is foundation member" bit in mango is
normally, but not always correct.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com