Contact and Press on website

Another issue is the Contact page:
http://www.gnome.org/contact/

The question is what does contact suggest?

 I would expect addresses one can get in contact. The information needed
is on www.gnome.org/press but not linked anywhere AFAIS

I have attached a version of that page that I woud recommend rather.

The problem with linking to an IRC channel is that most inquiries to IRC
are ignored or you get a random answer from anybody. So if we suggest
journalsist should try IRC this means:

* Either they will not get any answer at all, or
* Some idiot will give an answer before anybody else with some plan does.

I would also recommend having a HTML form which helps the guest getting
the right contact - like he can select what kind of request he has and
then either gets to press contact, forum or linked to a mailing list or
a FAQ.

I know traditionally IRC was the way to contact people - but that was
the time where either other hackers or users used the internet. IRC
forces people to install a IRC software and to connect to an IRC server.
Some may expect journalists to just do that - but I would say that those
who can do it are the very rare exceptions and still as I layed out
above there is a high risk that they wont get any official answers.

Regards,
Thilo

PS: There seem to be a lot of hidden or forgotten web pages on
www.gnome.org. Did Anybody make a list/sitemap already?

--
Thilo Pfennig - PfennigSolutions IT-Beratung- Wiki-Systeme
Sandkrug 28 - 24143 Kiel (Germany)

Title: Contact GNOME

The GNOME project is a community effort lead by the GNOME Foundation and countless numbers of developers and volunteers.

Press Contact

To get directly in touch with the GNOME press contact group, write to: press gnome org If you need a contact for a specific country or language got to our press page.

GNOME Foundation

The GNOME Foundation is comprised of a number of bodies - the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, the Advisory Board and the GNOME Membership. To learn more about the GNOME foundation go to foundation.gnome.org

Address

GNOME Foundation
PO Box 101
Groton, MA 01450
USA
Fax: ??
Phone: +1-617-206-3947 (Voice Box)

More Information and Help

Please try to follow GNOME's Code Of Conduct when communicating in the community.