Re: GNOME files disabled

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 6:34 AM, Thilo Pfennig <tp pfennigsolutions de> wrote:
> Claus Schwarm schrieb:
>> It's just not as efficient as for other platforms because releases are
>> rather boring if they cannot be installed easily and immediately. That
>> was the central problem of gnomefiles.
>>

> Not specific to gnomefiles.org. Thats the same problem gnome.org has.
> Like new GNOME but you have to compile yourself. Also same problem most
> linuxbased FLOSS has.

The importance I can see with gnomefiles.org is that it focuses on
intermediate users,
those that can afford to install some development packages, then run
./configure, make, sudo make install.
These users have a higher chance to pick up a project of their own,
and convert to GNOME developers later on.

Simos