Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Hi,

Le mercredi 29 octobre 2008, à 16:18 +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan a écrit :
[...]

> That sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable to
> promote GNOME to new users as-is, or with
> distributions that try to keep upstream look-and-feels
> like Debian. But with Ubuntu or Fedora, where the
> main menu logo is replaced with something else,
> that's more OK. Just avoid letting them see the animated
> foot on Epiphany or Nautilus, until they are familiar with
> GNOME enough.

All the places where we show a GNOME foot should be themed, so just
changing the icon theme should work. If this is not the case, then it's
a bug, I'd say.

(that's actually why you don't see the GNOME foot in Fedora, I think)

> Should there be an alternative logo for GNOME?
> For example, using a gnome head instead is OK.

If we were to change the logo (or adopt a mascot), I'd propose a sea
turtle. No idea why, except that I like it :-)

That being said, it's kind of hard to change something like this,
especially since many people are emotionally attached to the GNOME
foot...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.