Revamping Friends of GNOME: help with web page text

Hi Marketing Folks,

We're working on revamping Friends of GNOME. The technology is in
place to allow for monthly donations but we haven't launched it yet.
(Note that the FSF's associate membership program encourages people to
donate $120/year in automated monthly installments:
http://www.fsf.org/associate/dues.html.)

On the Friends of GNOME web page I'd like to:
- encourage people to donate monthly
- target more than just GNOME Foundation members
- show them what they're money is being used for

I originally thought an "adopt a hacker" program would be cool where
we highlighted developers that had received travel sponsorship but
Brian Cameron pointed out that that would probably appeal to the
current set of contributors but not branch out much.

All that said, I could use some text for the actual page. The current
page is here:http://www.gnome.org/friends/.

I'd like to have a couple of sections:
- Top intro that summarizes what this is all about: "Show your support
for GNOME. Become a Friend of GNOME and "
- List of things that GNOME does well. I'd like to list quite a few
but maybe we could also have an "ad space" at the right that
highlights things like "GNOME technology used by half a million kids
worldwide in OLPCs", "GNOME on school kids desktops in Spain", ... In
the general list we could list (with links) all the current stories we
have in the marketing web site plus:
     - accessibility
     - localization
     - functionality: multimedia, mail, etc.
- List of things we use money for directly:
  - developer travel,
  - printing and marketing materials,
  - ...
- Levels of sponsorship and gifts (probably should go towards the top
of the page)
- A link to all the current Friends of GNOME.

Thoughts? Anyone willing to help with the web page?

Thanks,

Stormy