Re: Signing off our target audience (was Re: Example of targetted release notes)

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> On 3/21/07, *Claus Schwarm* <c schwarm gmx net
>     While your answers were quite detailed, it doesn't change the
>     basic problem of your so-called target groups: Its definition is still
>     too broad.

<snip>

> So I like to suggest that "we" talk about who "we" are.

Can we not, please?

There is so much easy obvious stuff (which I think we can all agree on)
to do in terms of outreach that talking about "What is marketing?" or
"What are our target markets?" or "What is GNOME?" again will make my
head explode.

We need to get our head out of marketing-list, and start talking to
people inside & outside the project to actually change the project and
get more advocates.

Cheers,
Dave.

--