Re: Working Draft

Following suggestions from IRC and on here I have now got two working drafts.

The first one is a revision of what I posted earlier, and it attempts to reduce the verbosity.
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ReleaseNotes/Draft

The second one organizes the content following a suggestion by Andreas. This draft still needs  alot of work as it attempts to express the new features and capabilities of each component of GNOME in a very conversational and informal way.
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ReleaseNotes/Draft2

Let me know which works best.

On 3/4/07, Andreas Nilsson <nisses mail home se> wrote:
Gervais Mulongoy wrote:
> Hello everyone:
>
> I have attached a link to a working draft.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ReleaseNotes/Draft
>
> Let me know what you think, ok?
>
> -Gervais.
As I mentioned on irc, what's most important about release notes is to
show me how this release will make my life easier and the new amazing
stuff it enables me to do. ie. "How do I get laid?" :)
I wouldn't dare to call myself a writer, but here is some small variants
of the texts I cooked up, as I couldn't sleep anyway. I'm sure others
can come up with way better stuff.

---------------
With Baobad's new ring chart view it's now easier to find out of what's
eating up your disk space.
---------------

and

----------------
To keep better track of your most important notes, you can now pin them,
making sure they will always stay on top. In addition to this, Tomboy
now sports bullet lists, just as simple as adding a * or a -.
-----------------

and

The GNOME desktop is not always about work, it is also about play. This
release adds two new games, glChess, a chess game where you can play
either against a friend, or try to master the computer opponent and
GnomeSudoku, the japanese crossword puzzle. With the newly added
Internet Multiplayer support to some of the games, you know have the
chance to beat your friends online in GNibbles, Iango and Four-in-a-Row.

- Andreas