Re: Including Arabic translation in release notes

> Hi Djihed,
> Have you checked that both fonts and writing support works well for the
> arabic language with the major distributions that use GNOME? For
> example, Fedora and Ubuntu?
> The end users will be using these distributions with GNOME 2.18, once
> they become available towards the end of April.
>
> All the best,
> Simos

Simos,

I use ubuntu which displays Arabic very well using the default Dejavu
fonts. I know that both Debian, Suse and Fedora now deploy Dejavu by
default. Dejavu has thankfully pretty much solved most arabic font
issues. (there are still a few things to address, but they are not
showstoppers.)

We also provide a set of arabic fonts (packaged for debian, and IIRC
fedora as well), see:
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Khotot
And there are also the farsiweb fonts.

Djihed