Re: Including Arabic translation in release notes

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 11:16 +0000, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> hi Marketing Team,
>

> Gnome 2.18 marks one of the first DE's (the first?) ever to have a fully
> completed Arabic translation (of the UI of release packages)[1]. In fact
> we have gone to great length to ensure a really good translation with QA
> and a strict work methodology. Also, thanks to many developers, lots of
> RTL and arabic related bugs have been/are being squashed.
>
> We are thus trying to push very hard for its adoption by arabs in the
> arab world and elsewhere. I thought including the fact that now we have
> a good arabic translation as one of the main points of the release notes
> will do very well to help us and Gnome. Especially because the main
> problem we face is arab users who mistrusted the translation (based on
> past experiences) and resorted to using the default English instead.
>
> If needed, I will help by providing screenshots and/or whatever
> necessary.
>
> Djihed
>
> [1] http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-2-18

Hi Djihed,
Have you checked that both fonts and writing support works well for the
arabic language with the major distributions that use GNOME? For
example, Fedora and Ubuntu?
The end users will be using these distributions with GNOME 2.18, once
they become available towards the end of April.

All the best,
Simos