Re: Re-inventing the GNOME Marketing team

Dudes and Dudettes,

I would like to seek some clarification and offer some advice.  I am
sure it is old advice to some, but what the hay.

We seem to be discussing two separate issues here:

(1) Generating new ideas
(2) Getting things done

Brainstorming is perfect for (1) and crap for (2).  And vice versa.  It
is essential for brainstorming that ideas are not pre-judged or
criticised.  We seem to be moving from discussing a brainstorming
session to an action-oriented planning meeting.  Which is it?  Or should
we have both?  (I think we should.)

Finally, when?  Can we use timeanddate.com as a planning tool?  Can
anyone suggest a better alternative?

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=30&month=4&year=2007&p1=952&p2=137&p3=234&p4=179&iv=0