Re: About The GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initative

On 4/23/07, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
<quote who="Joachim">

> Like someone else said, it's a chicken and egg situation.

It's not: Go and do something awesome!

Jeff, your communications would sound more sincere and less glib if you stopped loading them with meaningless words like 'rock' 'awesome' and the like.

> Could the Foundation board decide whether Gnome needs a marketing team?

That is not a matter of "decision". I'm sure most of the Board members would
support the idea of a thriving, useful GNOME marketing team, and many have
tried to play a part in it over time.

> Could it either explicitly give a mandate to the marketing team or let us
> know if we can just go home?

What are you asking the Board to mandate?

Because someone -- I forget who, can't see to check, hate mailing lists, -- pointed out the marketing team has no mandate. Maybe it needs one?

Why not simply *do* something, instead of asking if you're allowed to *do*
something?

As I see it, the major task facing the marketing team at the moment is getting the new wgo website up. This involves writing stuff about what Gnome is and what it does. And yet you've just gone and changed that quite substantially without bothering to give us a heads up.
I appreciate the need to keep this quiet before it was announced, but I'm sure you could have figured something out if you'd wanted.

That's a pretty sweet project.

'Sweet' as well.