Re: About The GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initative

<quote who="Thilo Pfennig">

> > The people doing embedded GUI are already captured resources and
> > are now being paid to work on GNOME whether embedded or otherwise.
>
> Ok, thats a ood point. But still it is a switch in focus, isn't it?

No. There has been a resurgence in mobile development in the last two or
three years, but it has been part of GNOME's lifeblood for at least seven or
eight.

> If I look at GnomeMarketing page this does not reflect our new focus.  I
> do not see embedded hardware vendors as a primary target group.

It's okay to have different people focused on different things. That's one
of our unique advantages. Well, it is until you convince yourself that it's
a disadvantage. :-)

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

        "It's the most fun I've had without the use of a water-based
           lubricant." - Stephen Fry on directing his first film