Re: LWE stand organisation

On 4/19/07, Ken VanDine <ken vandine org> wrote:
Why sell the CDs, just to recoup the costs?

And to provide seed money for the next batch. People saw it as a
simple way to donate to the project, I think. It was less sales and
more like a New York museum, anyway- 'a requested donation' for the
CD; if you didn't want to donate we'd still give you the CD.

 rPath's marketing folks
has offered to pay to have 1000 CDs made up, with the GNOME artwork
for us to give away for free.  Only request is to include a small
"built by rPath" type logo on it.  Any objections?  They are also the
same folks paying my way to manage the GNOME booth :)

I certainly don't object to the 'built by rpath'; I actually advocated
for 'powered by ubuntu' on the last batch but couldn't get
satisfactory logos in time. To the laborer go the spoils, or something
like that ;)

That said, it is the board's call and not mine.

Luis